Solving a 50-Year-Old Problem
Once you put your critical or caustic sample inside the bag, how do you close it?
The standard protocol has been to use a clamp made of some other material, or to purchase and operate expensive heat-sealing equipment. Both of these solutions come with a rash of problems and are inconvenient to use. American Durafilm Co., Inc. has finally solved the problem with the first and only 100% FEP Duralok™ technology.
Duralok™ has solved the most pervasive problem that has plagued FEP and Kapton® bags since their inception almost 50 years ago.
This custom addition allows any bag made from FEP or Kapton® film to be transformed into an easy-to-use and resealable container for use in labs or in the field for sampling. Once closed, the seal is liquid and airtight, but not rated for pressure. There are no special tools to operate or expertise required to ensure a proper seal. Duralok™ brings the simplicity and convenience of conventional sandwich bags to the FEP and Kapton® bag market.
Our Price: $24.50
Key Features of Duralok™
- Resealable with exclusive Duralok™ closure
- Instantly preserve your sample; heat seal later, if desired
- Withstands high-temp applications up to 400°F (200°C)
- Suitable for cryogenic use: -400°F(-240°C)
- Autoclave resistant
- Visually clear and provides a high transmittance of UV light
- High resistance to impact and tearing
- No electrical tracking, non-wetting, and non-charring
- Anti-stick and low frictional properties
- Easily cleaned and reused
- Inert for non-contaminating samples, including acids
- Low permeability to liquids, gases, moisture, and organic vapors
- Weather resistant
- Chemically inert and solvent resistant to virtually all chemicals (except molten alkali metals, gaseous fluorine, and complex halogenated compounds at elevated pressure and temperature)
- Low permeability to liquid nitrogen
Typical Uses for Duralok™
- Bags for cryogenic storage of tissue and cord blood
- Sampling bags for gases, liquids, and solids
- Chemical storage bags
- Stem cell culture bags
- Extreme temperature storage
- Vacuum bagging
- Autoclaving procedures
- Storage and processing applications for medical goods, pharmaceuticals, supplements
Standard sizes for Duralok™ range from either 5 mil (.005”) FEP or Kapton® 500FN131 (.005”). Almost any custom size is available.
- 6” x 6”
- 6” x 8”
- 6” x 12”
- 8” x 8”
- 8” x 12”
- 12” x 12”
American Durafilm designs and manufactures, to order, any size bag in any quantity—small or large. Every Duralok™ bag is made in the USA at our manufacturing facility in Holliston, Massachusetts. All heat seals are made on state-of-the-art thermal impulse heat-sealing equipment, insuring maximum seal strength. Duralok™ bags can be manufactured and packaged inside our new Class 10,000 clean room to ensure the quality and cleanliness of FEP or Kapton® FN films. This additional feature can be incorporated along with any of our other sealing techniques to provide a truly custom solution for any application.
We’d be happy to answer any questions you have related to FEP and Kapton® film Duralok™ bags. Contact us to get the conversation started.