ChemFilm® ETFE fluoropolymer film is manufactured by Saint Gobain Performance Plastics from a copolymer of ethylene and tetrafluoroethylene resin. This material offers the outstanding performance of fluoropolymer film over a temperature range from cryogenic to 165°C (330°F). The resistance to chemicals and weathering, low flammability, and stress-crack resistance make this film an excellent candidate for a wide variety of applications.
Saint-Gobain’s ETFE E2 film offers excellent mechanical properties and tear resistance. The high light transmission (> 95%) of ETFE film, when combined with its excellent mechanical and chemical properties, provides excellent performance in architectural roofing designs and greenhouses. ETFE film is also an excellent choice in solar collector applications due to its outstanding physical properties and high coverage factor resulting from its low density.
Low Surface-Energy Applications
Saint-Gobain’s ETFE film offers a low surface energy, making it an excellent choice for release applications up to 350°F process temperature. The low density of this material, compared to FEP and PFA films, provides greater coverage per pound for composite molding release film applications. The low surface energy of ETFE can also be utilized in applications such as wall coverings and anti-graffiti protection for high traffic areas.
ETFE film offers processors excellent dimensional stability for secondary processing such as thermoforming and welding. Products utilizing Saint-Gobain’s surface treatment technologies, such as C-treatment, improve bondability characteristics for metalizing processes and adhesive coating.
Our Price: $5.35
- Superior release properties
- Excellent weatherability
- Performance from -200°C (-328°F) to 165°C (330°F)
- Excellent chemical and mechanical properties
- Product thicknesses from 0.0005″ to (0.0125) mm) to 0.010″ (0.254 mm)
- Width up to 60″ (1575 mm)
- Blue, red, and custom colors available
- Available in cementable (surface treated) form
- All films are manufactured and converted in Class 100,000 clean room facility
- Architectural roofing designs
- Solar collector
- Release—up to 350°F process temperature
- Composite molding release film
- Wall coverings and anti-graffiti protection for high traffic areas