ChemFilm® FEP fluoropolymer film is manufactured by Saint Gobain Performance Plastics from fluorinated ethylene propylene (FEP) resin.
FEP also provides the chemical and thermal resistance to withstand aggressive environments, making it an excellent candidate for diaphragms, gaskets, protective linings, sample bags, and containers. Fabricated shapes and contours can be produced via heat sealing and thermoforming. The outstanding weatherability and optical properties of FEP film provide excellent performance in environmental growth chambers and solar collectors.
ChemFilm® FEP Type FG
This film grade utilizes the low dielectric constant and dissipation over a wide range of temperatures and frequencies for low-signal distortion and attenuation in flexible printed circuit and flat cable applications. The high surface and volume resistivity minimizes current leakage and provides excellent insulation in wire and cable applications.
ChemFilm® FEP Type FS
FS grade film is a translucent film made from high molecular weight resin for applications where high flex life, stress-crack-resistant, and heat seal performance are required. These applications include items such as tank linings and diaphragms.
ChemFilm® FEP Type WF
Type WF (mechanical grade) film is an ideal economical solution for applications that don’t require high aesthetic standards, such as hot melt adhesive (welding tape) application. FEP WF film possesses all physical, mechanical, and thermal properties of FEP FG grade, while offering up to 15% savings.
Our Price: $11.61
- Outstanding anti-stick release properties
- Performance from -254°C (-425°F) to 205°C (400°F)
- Exceptional chemical resistance and electric properties
- Product thicknesses from 0.0005″ (0.0125 mm) to 0.010″ (0.254 mm)
- Widths up to 60″ (1575 mm)
- Optically transparent or pigmented
- All films are manufactured and converted in Class 100,000 clean room facility
- Available in cementable (surface treated) form
- Low-signal distortion and attenuation in flexible printed circuit and flat cable
- Excellent insulation in wire and cable
- Protective (tank) linings
- Sample bags
- Environmental growth chambers
- Solar collectors
- Composite molding
- Hot melt adhesive (welding tape)
- Fabricated shapes and complex mold contours
- FG—Low dielectric constant and dissipation over a wide range of temperatures and frequencies
- FS—High molecular weight resin
- WF—Mechanical grade film; ideal economical solution for applications that don’t require high aesthetic standards