ChemFilm® PFA fluoropolymer film is manufactured by Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics from perfluoroalkoxy (PFA) resin. This film offers the highest continuous use temperature 260°C (500°F) of any melt-processable fluoropolymer film.
ChemFilm® PFA film offers many of the performance properties of PTFE in a clear, transparent form, and can be:
- Heat sealed
- Laminated to a wide variety of materials
ChemFilm® PFA PG film offers a combination of characteristics:
- Excellent dielectric properties across a wide temperature and frequency range
- Highest level of chemical and stress crack resistance
- Provides excellent tank-lining performance
- Excellent clarity and weatherability
ChemFilm® PFA WG is an ideal economical solution for applications that don’t require high aesthetic standards, such as hot melt adhesive (welding tape) application. PFA WG grade possesses all physical, mechanical, and thermal properties of PFA film, while offering up to 25% savings.
Our Price: $16.85
- Outstanding flex life and stress crack resistance
- Performance from -254°C (-425°F) to 260°C (500°F)
- Outstanding anti-stick release properties
- Excellent electrical properties
- Excellent weatherability
- Product thickness from 0.0005” (0.0125 mm) to 0.010” (0.254 mm)
- Width up to 60” (1575 mm)
- All films are manufactured and converted in class 100,000 clean room facility
- Available in cementable (surface treated) form
The combination of chemical resistance and high-temperature resistance over a wide frequency range make Chemfilm™ an ideal component for circuit board fabricators, flat cable, and electrical insulation applications. Product thickness availability from 0.0005” through 0.010” at widths up to 60” offers circuit board designers flexibility in structure design.
The high-temperature resistance and non-wetting surface of ChemFilm® PFA make it an ideal material for use as a high-temperature release film or bagging film for composite manufacturers. The continuous use temperature of 260°C (500°F) and a melt point 310°C (590°F) meet the needs of new resin systems requiring a 230°C (446°F) cure temperature.
- Circuit board fabricators
- Flat cable
- Electrical insulation
- High-temperature release film
- Bagging film for composite manufacturers
- PG—Premium grade; highest level of temperature and chemical resistance
- WG—Mechanical grade film; ideal economical solution for applications that don’t require high aesthetic standards